Chester County Caretaker Issues

It is relatively common for adult sons or daughters to care for elderly parents. While this is a task most sons and daughters would perform free of charge, a caregiver agreement can help an elderly person qualify for Medicaid, while compensating the caregiver for the invaluable services he or she provides. When you retain the services of a knowledgeable elder law attorney, you can take all the appropriate legal steps.

At Hudson L. Voltz, P.C., our law firm deals with caretaker issues for people in Chester County and beyond. Our lawyers offer understanding and skilled representation developed over many years of focused experience. Having helped people across southeastern Pennsylvania achieve Medicaid eligibility, we are confident in our ability to provide you with the legal counsel you need.

Developing Caregiver Agreements And Other Elder Law Strategies

At its core, a caregiver agreement can formalize an already existing arrangement between an elderly person and the person caring for him or her. As said above, the caretaker is typically an adult son or daughter. Under the terms of this agreement, the caregiver would provide services to the elderly person and the elderly person would provide compensation.

Because any money that exchanges hands under this agreement is for services rendered, this is not a gift or a transfer of assets under Medicaid’s lookback period. A carefully drafted agreement can be instrumental in either helping someone qualify immediately for Medicaid or to speed up the process. You can rely on our firm to look at all possible strategies and implement a course of action that is in your family’s best interests.

Contact Hudson L. Voltz, P.C.

Contact the law firm of Hudson L. Voltz, P.C. at 610-518-9500.

We offer evening and weekend appointments upon request. We also accept payments by credit card and offer payment plans.

Contact Us

all fields required

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.